Inexpensive Decorating
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Turning a house into a home can seem like an overwhelming and expensive task. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

I remember being newly married and moving into our first house. It wasn’t a complicated move because we had very little furniture but I soon got discouraged trying to make our small space feel cozy.

I’ve never had the financial means to just walk into a furniture store and say I’ll take that entire room full of furniture and all the accessories too. But you know what… I’m glad I can’t do that.

It’s forced me to collect pieces over time and appreciate a more eclectic look. A great starting place is to pick a piece of fabric, a rug, or even a floral arrangement to serve as your color palette.

Invest in this piece to keep your colors consistent. Then have fun with things you get a good deal on that coordinate with your main piece and make you feel cozy.

For more, click on “Today’s Show” at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
Check out Lysa's Resources

Check out the P31 Woman Magazine

What Happens When Women Say Yes To God, By Lysa Terkeurst

Made To Crave, by Lysa Terkeurst

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits