Three Things Wife
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Early in my marriage, I was determined to become a “good” wife. But, I wasn’t really sure what that meant! Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. Desperate to get it right, I tried to figure out exactly what it is that good wives do:

They cook meatloaf. They vacuum every day. They watch football.

The list in my head of what a good wife does grew until it completely overwhelmed me.
Finally, I told my husband, “I just can’t do everything good wives do. Tell me three things you’d like me to focus on and I’ll try to do those well.”

His 3 things were simple… Be emotionally and spiritually invested in our kids, take good care of your body and soul, and keep the house tidy. (Notice he said tidy - not perfectly clean.)

Of course I don’t limit myself to these three but understanding what matters most to my husband has certainly freed me to enjoy my marriage so much more.

I’m a three things wife. It’s simple. But simple is good. For more encouragement visit Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources:

Visit Lysa’s Blog

Capture His Heart, by Lysa TerKeurst

Capture Her Heart, by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels:



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes i approve this message. I am going to print what your husband said and give it to my wife. You a good husband i can tell he hit it just right. I hear you every now and in jacksonville Florida. You a great voice. May God bless you

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits