Processing The Pain Of Our Past
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

It was in the past and I wanted to leave it there. Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Although I knew God wanted me to talk with Him about hurts I’d buried in my heart, I didn’t want to. I was tired of hurting and afraid I’d fall apart if I let it surface.

But I learned that when I ignore past hurts, often the pain from my yesterdays can damage relationships today.

When I got married 18 years ago, I had a lot of hurt from my parents’ divorce. Pain and disappointment Id’ never processed with my dad or with God. And all that hurt led to anger and unrealistic expectations towards my husband – I wanted him to be the perfect dad.

You know… we can’t go back and erase things that hurt us, but we can’t ignore them either. Instead, let’s process our pain with God, and ask Him to heal hurts from our yesterdays so they don’t negatively affect our tomorrows. For more, visit Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources:

Connect with Renee on her Blog and Facebook

Order Renee’s book, “A Confident Heart.”

Check out Renee's other Resources at P31

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits