One or Two Verse Day
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Do you ever feel overwhelmed when you sit down to read your Bible? There’s so much there, where do we start? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

It’s tough, but the best time for me to spend time reading is in the morning. I gather up my Bible and my computer, and pull myself away from my bed. Sometimes the urge to crawl back under the covers almost takes over, but I try to see the Bible as my love letter from God.

Recently I haven’t been reading chapters at a time. Some days it’s just one verse. One verse that I savor, letting it sink deep…interrupting me, rearranging me, redirecting me.

Through His love letter, God reminds me to pause. Pause to serve, give, encourage. Pause…to say thank you.

For more ideas on getting the most out of reading the Bible, click on Lysa’s blog at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Visit Lysa’s Blog

Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl, by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits