Worn Out
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Sometimes I get so tired and grumpy I find myself snapping at everyone. Ever been there? Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. We don’t want to act that way and yet constant demands can make emotions high and spirits low. One day I was asking God to help me. Suddenly the word thanksgiving popped into my head. So, I started listing things that I’m thankful for.

It felt a little silly. I wanted some deep theological truth to chew on and ponder. I wanted a big lightning strike of revelation. I wanted an instant fix. But here I was in this basic exercise.

And something amazing happened. The more I verbalized what I was thankful for, the less cloudy my heart felt. Now when I start feeling stressed out and snappy, I make myself start listing off the things I’m thankful for. And it’s amazing what thanksgiving will do to redirect a worn out woman. For more visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith, by Lysa TerKeurst

What Happens When Women Say Yes to God, by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits