When God Shows Up
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

My son was feeling discouraged and there was nothing I could do to help! Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs Ministries.

It’s so hard for me when my kids feel down. I try to encourage them with a funny story or a favorite snack. But sometimes, nothing helps. Sometimes all God wants me to do is pray and ask Him to be there for my child.

When this happened the other day, I prayed that God would show up in some way to encourage my son’s heart. I didn’t know it, but my son was praying the same thing. Late that afternoon we were driving somewhere when Andrew noticed the sun setting. It was absolutely brilliant. And angled next to it, there was this delicate golden ring that looked like a halo. I had never seen anything like it.

Andrew said, “That is my sign. I prayed that God would give me a sign that He is with me and He did!”

Let’s ask God to show up today and watch to see how He does. For more encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Divine Prayers for Despairing Parents, by Susanne Scheppmann


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits