The Next Dr. Phil
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I might be living with the next Dr. Phil. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. I have two sons that truly never argue. Now, before you paint unrealistic pictures of perfection for my household, know that I have other kids that more than make up for their brothers’ lack of disagreements. But Mark and Jackson don’t struggle with this. So, the other day I asked my son Jackson about how he and Mark get along so well.

His reply was quite simple. He said, “Mom, if Mark does something that gets on my nerves I just tell him that I don’t like him doing that. And then he says okay and stops doing it.”

Wow. That’s good advice. We seem to make all this relationship stuff so complicated. So, maybe I need to interject a little less complication- a little more gentle honesty- and some very basic listening skills. Thanks son.

For more relationship encouragement log on to Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

Free Devotion, Me First!, by Karen Ehman

Dwelling, by Marybeth Lagerborg


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits