Do I Trust Jesus?
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Sometimes it’s scary to say we want to follow God, no matter what! Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. The minute we do this little scenes start flashing before us. A dirt hut. A life of poverty. Some kind of horrible tragedy to test us. A health crisis that pushes us to the brink. Loss. Pain. Extreme sacrifice.

The world tells us, "Look at all you'll have to give up. And there’s no guarantee that Jesus will come through for you. Don't take this God thing too seriously.”

Jesus says, "Look at all you have to gain. My love for you is all consuming; I only have your best interest in mind. Make me the center of your heart- and you will light up the world."

Ultimately, for me, it comes down to this: Do I trust Jesus? If so, doing whatever He wants - no matter what it costs me- is better than anything in the world.

For more encouragement log on to Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst

Free devotion, Trusting God Despite Fear, by Lisa Whittle

i am not, but i know I AM by Louie Giglio

Visit Lysa’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits