Handprints of Love
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope and Renee Myers, She Speaks Graduate

How quickly do I wash off the handprints my kids leave on my walls and windows? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. My friend, another Renee, came home from a weekend with her kids visiting her mother-in-law, Jeanette. While they were talking on the phone weeks later, Jeanette told Renee, “I haven’t washed the windows since you and the kids were here. I love seeing my grandson’s handprints and can’t bring myself to wash them off.”

Renee knew Jeanette was a great housekeeper who liked everything clean, but she decided to forfeit perfection so she could preserve the memories of her grandchild being in her home.

Hmmm…I could learn a lot from her. I get so busy trying to be a good mom and keeping up with everything that I overlook those precious “handprint moments” with my own sons. I guess this encourages me to stand back and cherish them just like Jeanette did.

For more encouragement, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Connect with Renee on her Blog and Facebook

Free Everyday Life article, Family Connections Rituals, by Rachel Olsen

The Grandmother's Bible (NIV)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits