Forgotten Birthdays
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Has your family ever forgotten your birthday? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. It’s true that we Moms are typically the planners in the home. We plan the parties. We buy the gifts.

So the problem is when our birthdays roll around each year and we’re supposed to be celebrated … well, things get a little complicated. For years I was often internally grumpy on my birthday. I resented the last minute obligatory flowers and quick bought card from the grocery store.

But this year I celebrated my best birthday ever. Why? Because I decided ahead of time it would be. I chose to find great joy in the recycled gift. And I teared up at the genuine sentiments of love scribbled all over my card. I guess you could say, I chose to relish in the gift of perfect imperfections. And it was great. For more, visit Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources
Connect with Lysa on her Blog and Facebook

Am I Messing Up My Kids?...and other Questions Every Mom Asks by Lysa TerKeurst

Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits