Feeling Significant
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Have you ever looked to others for significance and self worth? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I sure do wish they’d notice all that I do around here! I sure do wish someone would say something nice about me.

Ever been there? Me too. And when others didn’t say what I wished they would, it hurt. But the reality is, I can’t always depend on others to make me feel appreciated or significant. For me, I had to start admitting my feelings and asking God for His help. I knew that if I was really going to make lasting changes, I would have to read the truth in the Bible and talk to God in prayer on a regular basis.

And the more I've filled myself up with the truth that God loves me and notices all I do, the less I find myself needing others to validate that.

For more encouragement click on Lysa’s blog when you visit Proverbs 31 Ministries on-line at Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources
Connect with Lysa on her Blog and Facebook

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith by Lysa TerKeurst

Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits