Dating In Marriage
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

Finding time to go on a date with my husband is so hard these days! Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries.Planning a date is especially challenging with kids and busy schedules, but boy is it worth the effort! Recently my mom kept our kids overnight so we could spend uninterrupted time together. At first we talked about the usual things: kids, finances, jobs, and planning. By mid afternoon, our conversation changed. JJ asked me about what my favorite vacation that we’d taken together. I asked him what he’d like to do this year that he’s never done. It was fun to relax and talk about things we’d never shared before.

I was so thankful that we’d set aside time for each other. It hasn’t always been this way. It’s taken practice and commitment. But after 15 years, we’re both glad we still have things in common and enjoy spending time with each other. For more marriage encouragement, visit Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources
Connect with Renee on her Blog and Facebook

Free Daily Devotion, Relationships, by Melissa Taylor

What a Husband Needs from His Wife and What a Wife Needs From Her Husband by Melanie Chitwood


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits