Being Thankful
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Last night I was editing my son's college term paper when something jumped out and grabbed my heart. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Jackson's paper was about the corruption and greed that caused the civil war in his native land- Liberia. He lived in devastating conditions because of this war.

During one part of the paper, he described what it felt like to be naked digging through the trash looking for thrown away food and considering it a treasure.And yet, despite the horrific conditions of his childhood, there was an unexplainable thread of peace woven through his story. A powerful peace centered in the awareness that God was always present.

I doubt many of us will find our treasure in thrown away food today. But will we notice even the smallest gifts? Will we pause to offer a word of thanks? I’ve learned that when I’m truly thankful is when I’m truly peaceful! For more visit Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources
Connect with Lysa on her Blog and Facebook

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith by Lysa TerKeurst

Free P31 Woman article, For the Least of These, by LeAnn Rice


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits