As I Sat
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I’ll be honest, for years I struggled during difficult times with what to say when I prayed. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. But, I finally found exactly what I needed – if I’m going through something hard, I can pray prayers where I didn’t speak at all.

I can just sit with Jesus, making no suggestions- offering no solutions. Sometimes I have nothing but quiet tears and a heavy heart. But the beautiful thing is the Bible promises when we sit with Jesus like this, the Holy Spirit lifts up the exact right prayers for me.

And eventually, I sense God there and there is peace.

What are you going through today? Whether it’s a difficult issue with one of your kids or financial stress or just feeling overwhelmed by life, I encourage you to sit with Jesus without feeling the need to offer up any words at all. Just sit. For more visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Connect with Lysa on her Blog and Facebook

What Happens When Women Say Yes to God by Lysa TerKeurst

Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits