Winners
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writers: Tracie Miles and Renee Swope

Why does it seem like every event has to have a winner and a loser? Hi I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries. Last summer my son joined our neighborhood swim team. He’s a great swimmer, but not a fast swimmer. He tried his hardest, but often came in last. It was hard on him. I told him we’re all winners in God’s eyes, and that giving his best was all Mom, Dad, and God expected of him. But this year he decided not to join again.

I understood my son’s frustration. There are days I don’t feel like a winner either, as a mom, a wife or as a woman. Sometimes I want to quit, too. When I’m tempted to turn in my pink slip, I ask God to show me my strengths and remind me how He sees me, so I don’t get discouraged. Do you ever feel like a loser? If so, ask God to help you see yourself through His eyes. For more encouragement, sign up for our FREE email devotions at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Connect with Renee on her Blog and Facebook

All I Need is Jesus & a Good Pair of Jeans by Susanna Foth Aughtmon

Be Your Child’s Greatest Cheerleader, Free Everyday Life article by Van Walton

Living Life on Purpose by Lysa TerKeurst


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits