More Than Winning
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

A couple of weeks ago, my daughter Ashley had a gymnastics meet that didn’t go so well. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. She fell on almost every event. She scored well below her expectations and I thought there would be lots of tears at the awards ceremony. But, much to my surprise, she bounced up to me and exclaimed, “Mom, did you see I landed my vault on my feet. That’s a good thing about today.”

She then flitted off with her teammates to get ice cream. One of the other moms grabbed my arm and complimented Ashley’s good attitude. That compliment meant more to me than a neck full of gold medals. Do I want Ashley to win? Yes, of course. She had worked so hard to prepare for this meet. But, my heart still swelled with joy because seeing a good attitude displayed in the face of adversity- well that’s simply priceless. For more encouragement, click on everyday life at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

And The Winner Is…, free devotion by Melissa Taylor

6 Habits of Highly Effective Christians by Brian Anderson and Glynnis Whitwer

What Happens When Women Say Yes to God by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels: , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits