Looking at Love
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Today I’m feeling challenged to look at love a little differently. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. To be completely honest, I often look at love by focusing on what it will offer me.

But if my only view of love is based on what I can get from other people, it’ll fail me every single time. You see, I’ve finally learned that other people were never meant to be my God. No husband, children, or other relationship can ever right all my wrongs, and soothe those deep insecurities. Only God can do this.

So, I can choose to focus my attention and my heart on Jesus every day and stop demanding that the people around me do things for me they were never meant to do.

Today I’m choosing to remember that love isn't what I have the opportunity to get from this world. Love is what I have the opportunity to give.

For more, click on Lysa’s blog at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst

P31 Magazine

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits