Change for the Better
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

My son wasn’t acting like himself, and I couldn’t figure out why! Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

I visited Andrew’s classroom one afternoon and noticed he was all by himself while all the other kids were with friends. I knew something wasn’t right because he’s usually a very happy and outgoing kid. I talked with his teacher and she said he hadn’t been acting like himself for a while. She also thought a smaller environment might be a better fit in middle school.

We prayed about it and eventually made a big change that required a big step of faith since we’d have to pay tuition at a smaller school. Well, God provided in amazing ways and Andrew is thriving in his new smaller setting! I can’t believe the difference. The fun-loving kid I know at home is now the same at school.

Is your child going through something that could mean you have to make a change in order to help him? Share your story on Renee’s blog, at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Click here to visit Renee’s Blog for more encouragement.

Connect with Renee on Facebook

Season of Change: Parenting Your Middle Schooler with Passion and Purpose by Rebecca Ingram Powell

Feeling Different, free devotion by Laura Boggess

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits