Raising Teenagers isn’t for Cowards
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Raising teenagers isn’t for cowards. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Since becoming a mom, I’ve had to develop courage that I never knew was possible… especially now that 4 out of my 5 kids are teenagers.

I define motherhood during the teen years as: A time where one learns the graceful art of not panicking even though everything in her being tells her this is exactly what she should do. The reality is that teens will sometimes make choices that go against everything their parents have instilled in them.

That’s why prayer is crucial. One of my specific prayers is for my kids to get caught every time they do something they shouldn't. That way, I can help them process their choices using God’s truth. These aren’t always fun and easy conversations but I’ve found them to be extremely rich with essential life lessons.

For more on raising teens, click on “Today’s Show” at Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

Making Teens Faith Their Own”- Part One

Making Teens Faith Their Own”- Part Two

The Five Love Languages of Children, by Gary Chapman


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits