Eyes on My Master
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writers: Van Walton and Renee Swope

It was time to wake up, but everything in me wanted to go back to sleep! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I rolled over to see what time it was and noticed my dog on the floor – staring at me. Her eyes were on her master.

I knew today was the day I’d have to stop procrastinating and deal with a conflict I’d been avoiding. I didn’t know to approach the problem and dreaded the possible outcome. I started to pull the blanket over my head when I noticed my dog again, focused, with her eyes on her master. I reached down to pet her and marveled at her devotion.

Where were my eyes focused? Not on MY master! I was focused on my problems. Then I remembered these words from the Bible, “My eyes are toward You, O GOD, in You I take refuge.” In that moment I imitated my dog’s devotion by turning my eyes towards my Master, God, so I could start my day focused on Him. For more encouragement visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Eyes on the Master, a free devotion by Van Walton

Come Thirsty by Max Lucado

Being Faithful in the Little Things


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits