Abandon – Positive or Negative
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Isn’t it funny how a word can be positive or negative? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. The word abandon can sound negative. We think of a child left by his mother. But, abandon also happens when a little girl lets go of fear and takes a giant leap, confident that Daddy will catch her. Unfortunately, abandon caused a rich young ruler to walk away from God. He asked Jesus how to inherit eternal life. He claimed to be a good person who followed all the rules. Jesus told him he had to give up everything he owned because his possessions were first in his heart. Jesus saw this abandoning as a positive thing. The young ruler didn’t. I don’t want this to be the tragedy of my life. I want to abandon any bad habit that’ll keep me from making Jesus my first priority. For more, log on to proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Free Devotion, Was It A Lack of Faith That Caused Him To Die?, by Sharon Glasgow

What Happens When Women Say Yes To God, by Lysa Terkeurst

Visit Lysa’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits